Thursday, November 12, 2015

Reflection on speaking goals

Half way through the semester, its time to reflect on my speaking goals and review how I'm doing. I don't think that any of my goals have changed, but some of the activities that I will use will be a little different.
 
Goals for the year

     Over the course of this year I hope that my Japanese will become decently natural and fluent, so I will practice several things to improve.

Goals
1. Be able to speak and understand at speeds near average for Japanese speaker
     I think that I have become much better at this.
2. Improve my rhythm and pitch, so that I sound more like a natural speaker
     I also think that I am much better at this now.

Methods to be Used
1. Go to Shibata Sensei's office hours at least once ever two weeks (one if possible).
      I never even went once :(. I plan to go more office hours over the last half of the semester.
2. Go to Japanese Table every week (I live in Mathey so this will be easy)
      I did this! I should make more effort to speak at Japanese table though, not just eat.
3. Do anime shadowing at least every three days every week.
      I ended up doing this once a week. On the recommendation of しばた先生 I will now start doing
      some of the interactive parts of the "speak easy." 
4. Watch an episode of a fun Japanese show (anime or otherwise) once a week 
      I did this!

Overall I think that I did an alright job, and that I am still getting better.

じゃまね
ジャック オルフグラム

No comments:

Post a Comment