Saturday, September 19, 2015

Beginning to learn Japanese!


  はじめまして Jack Wolfgramm づす. I am taking Japanese 101 at Princeton University. I chose to learn Japanese because I wanted to learn a new alphabet, am interested in the culture, and think the Japanese language sounds nice. Basically, I have no good reason for taking a hard language.  I am very interested in learning how the Japanese sounds and grammar are different from English. I am very worried by the fact that Japanese has three alphabets and over one thousand characters. I wanted to learn a new alphabet but that is too much! Also, when I try to write hiragana my handwriting is very bad. Despite these things I am still very optimistic about the class and think that I will have a fun time!
When I looked up "Princeton University Japanese" this is the image that came up. What kind of tree is this?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jack! It's nice picture of Sakura :-)
    I live in Htogo.I'm japanese college student. My major is international business. And I also learn Spanish!
    I hope you can speak Japanese :-)
    Although I'm Japanese, I tihnk Japanese is difficult haha

    ReplyDelete